1. Children’s Privacy
APPr does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
APPr does not require Site users or visitors to provide Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) to view the Content in the Site or to browse the different sections of the Site. PII is information that identifies an individual including full name, postal address, photograph, e-mail address and/or telephone number. APPr may collect PII from Site users or other programs, features or services offered by APPr (“Services”).
You may correct or update certain PII by logging in to your account with APPr and making the change on your personal information page. If you no longer desire our Services or wish to delete or deactivate your account, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Certain areas of the Site, as well as third party websites linked to or accessible from the Site, may have different privacy policies and practices. These third parties, and not APPr, are responsible for the privacy practices of non-APPr websites, or channels or areas of the Site that are operated by third parties, including but not limited to applications and/or features provided by third parties.
3. Collection of Information You Provide
In addition to the PII, APPr also collects information you provide to use directly, which includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for an APPr account;
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number). This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on APPr;
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service; and
- Communications between you and APPr. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
4. Other Information Collected
We, our service providers and partners may collect various types of non-PII when you visit the Site. Examples of non-PII that may be collected from visitors include: Internet protocol address, the type of browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer), type of operating system, (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), domain name of Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, Verizon or AT&T), web pages visited, websites visited before and after visiting the Site, type of handheld or mobile device used to view the Site (e.g., iPhone, Blackberry) and content accessed. We may use third parties to conduct web analytics and similar services with respect to an individual’s interaction with our Site.
When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by APPr.
A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
In order to create and maintain apps or use other services or programs offered by APPr, you must complete a registration form. During this registration, you will be asked to provide a user name, a password, a valid email address and additional information as may be required as part of the specific service or program for which you register, all of which are used to validate your registration and maintain your account with APPr. You also may provide us with additional information (such as company name, title etc.) so we can provide you with a more customized experience on the Site and offer you better support.
From time to time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests, surveys or special promotional or other programs on the Site, as applicable. If you choose to participate, we may request certain information from you. Participation in such contests, surveys or programs is voluntary, and you have a choice whether to provide this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), demographic information (such as zip code), and, in the case of a special program involving a form of payment, payment details. We use this information to notify participants, to monitor Site traffic, customize the Site or send participants email updates.
When you send email or other communications to APPr, we may retain these communications to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
When registering for our Services, you may receive occasional email updates from APPr. Such updates can include a newsletter or other notifications in relation to the Site. We provide you with the opportunity to ‘opt out’ of having your PII used for such purposes when we ask for this information. For example, if you no longer wish to receive our email updates, you may opt out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each update.
7. Use of collected information
The information collected may be used for the following purposes only:
- To help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- To remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit to the Site or the next time you visit the Site;
- To share it with third parties, as detailed in the next section (“Sharing Collected Information”);
- To provide you with the Site’s functionality and Services and to improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Services;
- To develop and test new products and features;
- To improve and customize the users’ experience on the Site and develop new services, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing;
- To comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies when we have a good faith belief that our cooperation with them meets the applicable legal standards; and
- To take any action in any case of dispute involving you with respect to the Site.
8. Sharing Collected Information
All information collected through the Site may be shared with others in any of the following instances:
- Registration and payment information, information on forms you have filled out and requests you have submitted will all be shared with our service providers, for payment collection and processing purposes;
- Contact information you have provided upon registration to the Site may be shared with our service providers for the purpose of distributing emails to our registered users;
- Photos and other multimedia or content you have uploaded through the Site’s forums or other public areas will be shared with all other users of such public area as well;
- If we reasonably believe that we are required by law to share or disclose your information;
- In any case of dispute or legal proceeding of any kind involving you with respect to the Site;
- If the operation of the Site is organized within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity (such as due to a business transition like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or sale of all or a portion of our assets), provided that those entities agree to be bound by the provisions of this Policy, with reasonably necessary changes taken into consideration; and
- Personally identifiable information may be shared with our Affiliates, but their use of such information must comply with the Policy.
In any case other than the above, your collected information will be shared with others only if you provide your explicit prior consent.
9. Aggregated or anonymized information
APPr collects within the operation of the Site anonymized as well as aggregated information, which does not identify you personally. Such anonymized or aggregated information may be used in any way, including by posting, disseminating, transmitting or otherwise communicating or making it available to any other third party.
10. Third party links
The Site may contain or present third party links to third party sites or services – all of which are not owned or controlled by us. Though we collect certain parameters related to your interactions with these third-party services (as detailed in this Policy), we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third party sites or services and this Policy does not apply to them. Please refer to the privacy policies of those other sites and services, to determine whether their privacy practices are acceptable to you.
11. Storage of Data
Your information collected by APPr may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which APPr or its service providers maintain facilities.
APPr or its service providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction. If you are a resident in a jurisdiction where transfer of your personal information to another jurisdiction requires your consent, then you provide your express and unambiguous consent to such transfer.
We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, APPr cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to APPr or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and APPr, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to APPr make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
APPr uses both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. APPr uses session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate the Site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You may remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. We set a persistent cookie for such uses as to store your app name and/or user name so you don’t have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the users’ experience on the Site. If you reject cookies, you may still use the Site, but your ability to use some areas of the Site may be limited.
By visiting the Site, whether as a registered user or otherwise, you acknowledge, understand and hereby agree that you are giving us your consent to gather information about your use of the Site through these Information Gathering Technologies.
Server logs capture certain non–PII, such as the time and date of a web visit, the browser and operating system being used, the IP address or domain name of the user’s ISP, and the web URL a user linked from. This information is generally but not exclusively used to help plan system enhancements when necessary and to provide content that is compatible with our visitors’ web browsing systems.
13. Access to Your Personally Identifiable Information
You may send us a request to access the Personally Identifiable Information that we may collect through your use of the Site. We may require that you provide us with additional information to verify your identity.
14. Data Retention
We may delete your Personally Identifiable Information from our systems or anonymize it if we deem it no longer necessary for our reasonable business needs.
The security of your personal information is important to us, and we implement measures to secure your Personally Identifiable Information, to the extent collected, to minimize the risks of damage, loss of information, and unauthorized access or use of information, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is absolutely secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect and secure your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that the Site, APPr, and its databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unauthorized interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse. If you have any questions about security on the Site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. Change of Control
17. Changes to this Privacy Statement
You agree to be bound by any of the changes made to this Policy. Your continued use of the Site after the changes take effect will indicate your acceptance of the amended Policy. If you do not agree with the amended Policy, you must avoid any further use of the Site.
18. Contact Us
APPr Legal Dept.
1400 Preston Rd. Suite 280
Plano, TX 75093